Applies to: System Center Configuration Manager (current branch)
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â We announced back on July 10th, 2015 that support for Windows Server 2008 R2 as a site server or most site system roles as well as SQL Server 2008 R2 for the site server database role would be removed in the first update version for ConfigMgr (current branch) released in 2017.
- Please see Deprecated operating systems and Deprecated support for SQL Server versions as a site database for more information.
As we approach the release of this update version, we wanted to publish this reminder. Please plan accordingly, as updating to future update versions may be blocked.
- In-place upgrade the operating system of site servers that run Windows Server 2008 R2
- Upgrade operating system of site systems
- Upgrade SQL Server on the site database server
- Only site system roles that will be supported on Windows Server 2008 R2 are the state migration point and distribution point roles. See note 2 here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/removed-and-deprecated-features#deprecated-operating-systems. So the site database role will not be supported.