Today will be sharing details view of the Autopilot. these article will go though vicious stage which explain details with each scenarios, Requirements and flow.
Windows AutoPilot Overview
Windows Autopilot is a collection of technologies used to set up, pre-configure new and existing devices in the organisation getting them ready for productive use. Windows Autopilot is used to reset, repurpose, and recover devices. This solution enables the IT department in the organisations to achieve the device builds with very little effort or no infrastructure to manage unlike the traditional build process.
Windows Autopilot simplifies the device lifecycle process for both IT and end users using cloud-based services from initial deployment to end of life. With Windows Autopilot we can achieve the following benefits on our IT infrastructure services.
- Reduces the infrastructure required to build and maintain the physical devices such as laptops\Desktops.
- Maximizes the end user experience for all types of end users.
- Reduces the time IT spends on building a new device, deploying, managing, and retiring devices.
Windows AutoPilot Scenarios:
While we deploy new devices to end users, Windows Autopilot uses the OEM-optimized image of Windows Operating system (OS). This OS version is preinstalled on the device, so you don't have to maintain custom images and drivers for every device model. Instead of re-imaging the device, your existing Windows installation can be transformed into a "business-ready" state that can have the following settings,
- Apply settings and policies from Intune
- Install apps deployed through Intune
- Change the edition of Windows being used to support advanced features. For example, from Windows Pro to Windows Enterprise.
Windows Autopilot helps organizations easily provision new devices by using the preinstalled OEM image and drivers. This functionality lets end users get their devices business-ready by using a simple process.
In Next we will cover details scenarios who AutoPilot will work Click Here for Next article