About Apple ADE
Apple Business Manager is a web-based portal to deploy iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, and Mac devices from one place.
Working seamlessly with mobile device management (MDM) solution, Apple Business Manager makes it easy to automate device deployment, Purchase apps, Distribute content, and create Managed Apple IDs.
The Automated Device Enrollment Program helps us to easily deploy and configure Apple devices. ADE provides a fast, streamlined way to deploy COD - iPad, iPhone, Mac computers, and Apple TV purchased directly from Apple, Authorized Resellers or carriers in MDM without having to physically touch or prepare each device.
ADE Program Features
ADE simplifies initial setup by automating mobile device management (MDM) enrollment and supervision of devices during setup, which enables us to configure devices without touching them. To further simplify the process, you can skip certain Setup Assistant screens so users can start using their devices right out of the box.
- Mandatory and lockable MDM enrollment: All iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices added to ADE will be enrolled automatically in MDM. Automatic enrollment ensures that devices are configured based on organization’s requirements, and guarantees that all users receive those configurations on their devices. Users’ devices are also locked in MDM for ongoing management.
- Wireless supervision: Supervision provides a higher level of device management for organization-owned iOS devices. It allows additional restrictions, such as turning off iMessage, AirDrop, or Game Center, and it provides additional device configurations and features, such as web content filtering and Single App Mode. With ADE, supervision is wirelessly enabled on a device as part of the setup process.
- Zero-touch configuration for IT: With ADE, large-scale deployments of iPad, iPhone, Mac, and Apple TV are seamless. Once devices have been activated, we can immediately configure account settings, apps, and access to IT services over the air. We don’t need to use staging services or physically access each device to complete the setup.
- Streamlined Setup Assistant: ADE also makes it easier for users to set up their iOS devices, Mac computers, and Apple TV. Using an MDM solution to configure organization’s devices, users are guided through the activation process with the built-in Setup Assistant. We can streamline the Setup Assistant even further by specifying that certain screens be skipped.
- Manual device enrollment: We can also manually enroll iOS devices and Apple TV in ADE using Apple Configurator, regardless of how you acquired them. With manual device enrollment, a 30-day provisional period begins once a device is activated. During that period, users can remove their devices from enrollment, supervision, and MDM.
- Availability: For more information on availability of Apple programs and payment methods for education and business, see Apple's documentation at: Click Here
Device enrollment works on the following types of devices:
- Computers with macOS 10.9 or later purchased from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller
- Mobile devices with iOS 7 or later purchased from Apple, Apple Authorized Reseller or added through Apple Configurator
- Apple TV devices (4th generation or later) with tvOS 10.2 or later purchased from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller
To enroll computers and mobile devices, and distribute content we need the below:
- Jamf Pro 9.6.0 or later
- A connection to the Internet during the Setup Assistant
- An account with Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager
Account can be created from the below URL:
- A country or region that is supported by Apple Business Manager. Click here to check the details.
Click Here to check the next Article for the remaining process.